To facilitate immediate funeral logistical assistance from the Foundation, please contact the office or any Director as listed on our “contact” web page.
• A maximum of up to $2000 “one time” benefit will be awarded by the Foundation to the family of a Canadian firefighter who dies in the line of duty (LODD) as determined by the CFFF. This benefit is to cover situations where workers compensation and/or other agencies do not cover the entire costs of the interment/inurnment.
• Each family can decide to either use this one time benefit for their own LODD funeral expense reimbursement and/or to cover LODD funeral assistance provided by the CFFF. A combination of the 2 benefits may also be used up to the maximum amount of $2000.
• The CFFF will assist the family, where possible, with the arrangement of resources for the funeral if not provided by the local agencies. Any costs incurred will be deducted from the bequest benefit.
• The reimbursement benefit is to be used for interment/inurnment and funeral expenses only.
• All applications must include appropriate receipts for expenses above and beyond what was covered by workers compensation and/or other agencies. (available on-line).
• The bequest benefit will be effective for line of duty deaths after Oct 1, 2014.
Click Here to Download the Application Form
Please contact your area Director or the Administration Officer at the Ottawa office at 613-786-3024, firstname.lastname@example.org. The Foundation’s Chaplain is also available at email@example.com