Welcome to the 16th CFFF Memorial Ceremony. The MANITOBA ASSOCIATION OF FIRE CHIEFS will serve as your 2019 Honourary Host.
Below you find a list and schedule of events and activities to take place over the duration of the Memorial Weekend. While in the nation’s capital, we hope you will have an opportunity to visit the many sites and museums. To find out more visit www.ottawatourism.ca.
We ask that all those attending respect the Families of the Fallen at all times while in Ottawa.
TRANSPORTATION. For those seeking ground transportation, more information will be provided at a later date regarding shuttle service. Please check this site for updates.
- Friday, September 6th – City of Ottawa Fire Services Memorial, City Hall, 110 Laurier Ave.
- Ceremony begins at 12:00 pm at the Ottawa Fire Fighters Memorial. For inquiries, contact John Sobey at firstname.lastname@example.org
- CFFF Merchandise and Souvenir Store
Located in the O’Connor Room in the Ottawa Sheraton Hotel, 150 Albert Street.
Hours of operation: Friday, September 6th (4:00 – 9:00 pm); Saturday, September 8th (08:30 am – 7:00 pm) and Sunday, September 8th (At the conclusion of the memorial Ceremony until 2:00 pm).
3) Friday, September 6th – CFFF Hospitality Event
Penthouse level (17th floor) at the Sheraton from 7:30 – 11:30 pm. Open to all family and Participants.
4) Ceremony Briefing and Rehearsal – Saturday, September 7th at 10:30 am.
Participants are requested to meet at the CFFF Memorial site. Located at the intersection of Lett St. and the Sir John A MacDonald Parkway on LeBreton Flats.
- Open to fire fighters who wish to learn or brush up on their parade drill to attend.
- Fire service flag (colour) parties will be under the direction CFFF Colour Guard commander, Luigi Davoli.
- All other firefighters will make up the Honour Guard under direction of the parade commander and ceremony director, John Sobey, CWO (CF, Retired) Bruce Paradis and CWO’s (CF) Donald Matthews and Martin Rousseau.
- Uniforms are NOT required for the rehearsal. Please dress for the weather.
- All pipers and drummers will meet under the direction of Pipe Major Gary Ford.
- Briefing and Rehearsal will proceed rain or shine.
5) CFFF Meet and Greet. - Saturday, September 7th - 1:00 – 6:00pm
Sponsored by “Levitt Safety”, CFFF Ambassadors Céline Guerin, Joel Beriault and Mike Dunlop of the Parliament Hill Fire Prevention and Emergency Preparedness/ Prevention des Incendies et planification des mesures d’urgence will host our firefighter and families “Meet and Greet”
PEASE NOTE: All the visitors are required access through the new visitor welcome center (see attached picture). https://lop.parl.ca/sites/Visit/default/en_CA/HOC
- The hospitality event will take place in Room 025-B, West Block, from 13h00 to 17h30/18h00
- Photo ID is required. To assist Parliament Hill Police it helps to be wearing the CFFF pin which can be purchased at the CFFF store at the Ottawa Sheraton.
- Tours specific for CFFF participants of the West Block (New House of Commons) will be arranged for 13h15(English), 13h45(English), 14h15(English), 14h45 (French or English), 15h15 (English) and 15h45 (English).
For further information or to reserve a tour, contact Celine by e-mail at email@example.com .
6) Pints and Pipers at the Highlander Pub – Saturday evening, September 7th
- While there are many pubs and restaurants to visit in the market area and Elgin Street, two locations have become popular with visiting firefighters and their families.
- At the Highlander Pub (115 Rideau at Williams) or Sir John A’s (284 Elgin Street) where you will usually find a few pipers and drummers having a good time!
7) CFFF Parade Muster - Sunday, September 8th.
- The 15th Annual Canadian Fallen Firefighters Memorial Ceremony will take place at the CFFF Memorial, Lebreton Flats.
- Fire Service personnel wishing to participate in the ceremony are requested to appear in full dress uniform with medals and head dress.
- Muster point is the Garden of the Provinces and Territories Park, located on the west side of Bay Street, at Wellington, across from the National Archives of Canada Bldg, no later than 09:30.
- Remember to turn off or place on silent all electronic devices.
- Sunglasses are not to be worn.
- No white gloves except for colour party members.
- In the event of inclement weather, departmental/service rain coats should be worn.
For further enquiries, e-mail to; firstname.lastname@example.org